The Department of Health & Human Services seeks to bring about positive change in the operation and development of the Victorian health care system. In working together to achieve the best health and wellbeing of Victorians, the Department aims to:
- develop a system that is responsive to people’s needs
- improve every Victorian’s health status and experiences
- expand service, workforce and system capacity
- increase the system’s financial sustainability and productivity
- implement continuous improvements and innovation
- increase accountability and transparency
- utilise e-health and communications technology to improve outcomes for patients and all Victorians.