In response to the Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiries, the Victorian Government designated the Latrobe Valley as a Health Innovation Zone, the first of its kind in Australia. The formation of the Latrobe Health Assembly is a key component of the Health Innovation Zone and is a mechanism for increased community engagement leading to health improvement and integration of services.
Comprising 45 members, the Latrobe Health Assembly is working with the population of Latrobe City to reach the goal of 10,000 more people with better health and wellbeing in 10 years.
The Latrobe Health Assembly provides the opportunity for a much stronger community voice in identifying health and wellbeing issues and gaps and also identifying solutions that best meet the needs of Latrobe Valley residents.
The majority of members are from the community, with a diverse representation from various locations, professions, demographics and connections to communities and groups.
Other members of the Assembly include:
- An independent Chair
- A standing representative from Department of Health and Human Services, Latrobe Community Health Service, Latrobe Regional Hospital, Latrobe City Council and Gippsland Primary Health Network. These representatives are the CEO or the Board Chair.
- Representatives from relative government departments and organisations, including the Department of Health and Human Services, WorkSafe, Environment Protection Authority, Department of Education and Training, Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance, VicHealth, Commonwealth Department of Health, Latrobe Valley Authority and Department of Economic Development Jobs Transport and Resources.
People of Latrobe Valley, we are your Health Assembly.
- Everyone is a someone in the Latrobe Valley
- That someone may be your everything
- That someone is a family member, a lover and a loved one
- That someone is a friend, a neighbour and a colleague
- That someone is you
- But that someone may not be as healthy as possible to enjoy the best that life can bring
- We need more people in the Valley to be well, to work, to raise families, to be friends, to create, to build things, to make stuff happen
- We want to help you live a life of hope, love and wellness
- You are us - your everything is our everything
- Because everyone in the Valley is important
Our dream is 10K by 10Y: 10,000 more people with better health and wellbeing in 10 years.
For more details, visit the Latrobe Health Assembly website.
Or contact them on 03 5173 8401 or via firstname.lastname@example.org