- Multiple Casual RPN2 opportunities available
- Attractive rates and great salary packaging conditions
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. The positions are located at Thomas Embling Hospital, based in Fairfield just 15 minutes north of the Melbourne CBD. Thomas Embling Hospital is a 116 bed secure hospital providing acute care, rehabilitation and continuing care services. Primarily designed to facilitate the provision of assessments, acute or continuing care and treatment for patients from the criminal justice system, the hospital is a unique service provided nowhere else in Victoria.
About the role:
You will deliver care within a high-security forensic hospital, practicing within a Recovery framework and using sound judgement to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and maintain a high standard of patient care.
Qualification, skills and experience:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA) as a Psychiatric Nurse
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions (including casual staff)
- Post graduate scholarship programs
- Ongoing training and full orientation
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: staff gym, staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.