The CMO will be a key member of the Executive Leadership Team reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Professional leadership and engagement of the medical workforce.
- Strategic and management advice to the Chief Executive Officer with a focus on the engagement of medical staff in the operations and strategic directions of the hospital.
- Professional governance oversight of all medical staff including appointment, credentialing, defining scope of clinical practice and professional development of senior medical staff and all facets of management of the junior medical workforce.
- Leadership of the Eye and Ear's clinical governance functions, including risk and quality programs, accreditation, medico-legal issues, oversight of the implementation and operational responsibility for the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and innovation in clinical models of care.
- In consultation with the CEO and other members of the Executive provision of high level strategic clinical advice as required by the Board, Executive and government departments and agencies including recommendations for continuing growth in the delivery of clinical services.
- Close liaison with key external stakeholders and research partners.