ED/Anaesthetics Registrar - HM26-30 (Fixed Term - Full Time - 86 hrs per fortnight)
A position is available at Wimmera Base Hospital Horsham for a provisional or advanced ACEM trainee who wishes to obtain anaesthetic and critical care experience working in a large rural hospital.The position consist of six months anaesthetics and critical care (based in the Anaesthetics Department); and six months in critical care (based in the Emergency Department). Supervision in the ED is provided by visiting FACEM Consultants and supervision in the Anaesthetics role provided by VMO anaesthetists. Role responsibilities include initial assessment and management of patients attending the Emergency Department (ED rotation) and working 1:1 with the VMO anaesthetist in up to 10 operating sessions per week (Anaesthetics rotation). The ED has an average of 15,000 attendance per annum in a 9 bed unit, including two resuscitation beds. The Hospital has an average of 12,500 admissions and 4,600 operations annually. It has a modern theatre complex, including a day procedure unit, a five-bed intensive care unit, and high-quality emergency department and ward facilities.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- MBBS or equivalent degree
- Full general registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- A minimum of three years postgraduate experience of which a minimum of two years should be in Australian hospitals.
- Provisional or advanced ACEM candidate or willingness to apply
- Relevant clinical experience in emergency and anaesthetics
- Working toward or attained Advanced Adult and Paediatric Life Support or equivalent
Attractive benefits offered by the organisation include:
- Salary packaging,
- Professional development and education programs,
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Free parking
- Low cost accommodation ($6.27 per week)
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse clinical environment and join a reputable rural health service dedicated to the provision of quality patient centred care and to meet the needs of the community.
For enquires about the position see the below contact details. Further information on Wimmera Health Care Group can be found on our website www.whcg.org.au or Facebook page.
Wimmera Health Care Group (WHCG) is committed to equal employment opportunity and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability and encourages applications from people from culturally and / or linguistically diverse backgrounds. We aim to provide a safe environment for our staff, patients, residents and clients which includes supporting and responding to disclosures of family violence issues.
Pre-employment check: All applicants must be willing to undertake a national police check prior to commencement of employment.
- Essential: MBBS or equivalent degree
- Essential: Full general registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Essential: A minimum of three years postgraduate experience of which a minimum of two years should be in Australian hospitals.
- Essential: Provisional or advanced ACEM candidate or willingness to apply
- Desirable: Relevant clinical experience in emergency and anaesthetics
- Desirable: Working toward or attained Advanced Adult and Paediatric Life Support or equivalent
The Rubik's Cube seems to be an impossible puzzle but it's easy to solve it using algorithms.