- Coordinate, promote, champion and lead psychology service development processes at Thomas Embling Hospital with demonstrable benefits for patients and the organisation.
- In collaboration with the Director of Psychological Services ensures the effective planning and development, recruitment, selection, training and deployment of psychology resources across Thomas Embling Hospital
- Provides specialist psychological assessment, treatment and consultation to address the mental health needs of patients
- Provides high level consultation, advice and support to Forensicare clinicians on the management and treatment of complex client issues.
Qualification, skills and experience:
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Masters or Doctoraral qualification in Clinical Psychology from an APAC accredited course or equivalent or Doctoral qualification in Forensic Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
- Endorsement or eligibility for endorsement by the Psychologists Registration Board of Australia, in the area of clinical and/or forensic psychology.
- Listed as a registered supervisor (or eligible for being so listed) with the Psychologists Registration Board of Australia.
- At least ten years’ experience in providing a high level of services in forensic mental health and related settings (Preferable).
- Demonstrated ability in the provision of strategic advice in relation to service development and practice within a complex organisational setting.
Psychology applicants are required to submit their profile for this position on our eCredentaling system. If you are a new user of Mercury eCredentaling and do not have a current profile, you will be required to register. If you are an existing user of Mercury eCredentaling, please log in using your existing username and password.
Click on link below (or copy and paste in your browser) to submit your profile
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Access to regular clinical supervision
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- Opportunities to be involved in research
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Ongoing training and full orientation
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: Staff gym and pool, Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
- Salary Packaging
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.