- Part-time (0.4FTE) ongoing position
- Based in Fairfield, free onsite parking
- Psychologist Grade 3 role
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Forensicare is situated across five sites across Victoria with its largest site being Thomas Embling Hospital, located in Fairfield just 15 minutes north of the Melbourne CBD.
Thomas Embling Hospital is a 136-bed secure hospital providing acute care, rehabilitation and continuing care
About the role
Joining the psychology team, the Senior Clinical/Forensic Psychologist will be based within one of our rehabilitation/continuing care units at Thomas Embling Hospital. As a key member of the multi-disciplinary team, they will provide specialist assessment and interventions for adult patients (male and female) presenting with complex mental health issues and offending behaviour. The Senior Psychologist will provide clinical supervision to other psychologists and trainees, complete Court reports, offer consultation to other clinicians, and contribute to service development. For further information please refer to the Position Description for a comprehensive overview of the duties relevant to this role.
Qualification, skills and experience
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer recovery.
- Registered as a Clinical and/or Forensic Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Masters or Doctoral qualification in Psychology (Clinical or Forensic) from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
- Listed as a registered supervisor (or eligible for being so listed) with AHPRA.
- Demonstrated experience in providing a high level of services in forensic mental health and related settings.
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society.
We have some other relevant requirements, which are contained in the Key Selection Criteria found in the Position Description.
We value our staff and provide a range of benefits including:
- Salary Packaging;
- Excellent leave entitlements;
- Full orientation & ongoing training;
- Access to internal supervision;
- Career development opportunities;
- Access to Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
We would love to hear from you, so please apply now!
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note: This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke-free environment.