What is the issue?
The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast temperatures above heat health thresholds for Friday 4 January 2013.
Note that the predicted mean temperatures for the Central, North Central, West & South Gippsland, North East and Northern Country districts are expected to meet the heat health temperature threshold of30 °C (Central, North Central, West & South Gippsland) & 32°C (North East and Northern Country) due to high overnight minimum temperatures.
Who is at risk?
- Central District (based on forecasts for Melbourne)
- North Central District (based on forecasts for Seymour)
- West & South Gippsland District (based on forecasts for Sale)
- North East District (based on forecasts for Wodonga)
- Northern Country District (based on forecasts for Shepparton)
The Department of Health is issuing this alert in order to allow you to make any preparations necessary to respond to heatwave conditions given the many impacts hot weather can have on human health, normal operations and essential services.