A unique opportunity to help improve the care of Victorian mothers, babies and children is now open.
The independent Consultative Council on Obstetric and Paediatric Mortality and Morbidity is recruiting up to 14 new members for the 2021–2024 term.
Being a council member provides an opportunity to influence government policy and decision makers, and to inform preventative, educational and improvement programs. The council is responsible for:
- providing independent oversight of all deaths and severe maternal morbidity
- monitoring and interpreting trends in respect of obstetric and paediatric mortality and morbidity
- highlighting areas that require improvement in hospital and community settings
- identifying areas for further research
- informing the development of policies and guidelines
- providing advice on areas for prioritisation and investment by identifying issues that impact on the quality of care and outcomes for women, babies, children and families.
- identifying opportunities for system wide improvement and reform
- advising on specific matters referred to the Council by the Minister for Health and the Department of Health as required.
Read more about this exciting position at bettersafercare website or apply for via Get On Board.
Applications close on Friday 28 May.