Healthy swimming video animation - long version
Before you hop in the pool, you have to watch this video, trust me, you’ll want to know this stuff.
Everybody loves to swim, it’s fun, and great for your health, but there’s something you should know.
Pools can contain all types of chemicals from people’s bodies, like shampoo or deodorant. People can also bring germs to the pool. Some of these chemicals and germs can make other pool users sick.
You can help us keep the pool clean. There’s a few simple things that everyone can do to help prevent this:
- Do not swim if you have diarrhoea;
- Shower and wash with soap, especially your bottom, before swimming;
- Wash your hands with soap after going to the toilet or changing a nappy;
- Change nappies in nappy change areas only;
- Avoid swallowing pool water.
Remember, it’s up to everyone to help keep our pools clean.
If we do all these simple things, we can keep our pools safe, healthy, and most importantly fun.
For more information on Healthy Swimming, talk to our staff or visit www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au.