Victoria’s alcohol and other drugs workforce strategy 2018–2022 sets the direction for workforce development and planning for Victoria’s alcohol and other drug treatment sector to 2022. Input from individuals, organisations and representative bodies within the sector has been central to determining this direction.
The strategy focuses on six Key Result Areas (KRAs):
- KRA 1: Improve workforce availability
- KRA 2: Build workforce capabilities
- KRA 3: Increase workforce diversity
- KRA 4: Improve worker health, wellbeing, safety and engagement
- KRA 5: Strengthen leadership and collaboration
- KRA 6: Deliver person-centred, integrated care
The strategy presents a new approach to workforce development and planning that reflects best practice, better data collection and planning. This approach promotes a capable and sustainable workforce with the necessary knowledge, attitudes, values and skills to deliver high-quality treatment that meets the needs of people with alcohol and other drug issues and their families, now and into the future.