Supported residential services (SRS) are privately operated businesses that provide accommodation and support for Victorians who need help with everyday activities. Each SRS determines the services it offers and its fee structure.
The Department of Health and Human Services administers the Supported Residential Services (Private Proprietors) Act 2010, and monitors SRS compliance with this Act and its regulations. The department also:
- develops information and resources for residents and proprietors
- maintains a list of registered SRS in Victoria
- provides assistance to pension-level SRS to ensure the safety and wellbeing of residents experiencing disadvantage.
This site also provides information on:
- residents’ rights and responsibilities, how to find an SRS, services that may be offered, fees and making a complaint
- becoming a proprietor - the registration process, the application assessment and the proprietor/manager suitability assessment
- operating an SRS - emergency management planning, managing incidents, community visitors, training and varying registration conditions
- other accommodation options include rooming houses, residential aged care services and retirement villages.