The Department of Health & Human Services monitors supported residential services (SRS) in Victoria to ensure they meet identified standards of personal support and accommodation.
The role of the department is to:
- register SRS premises
- assess proprietors’ suitability to operate an SRS
- monitor compliance with the relevant legislation and standards, including managing the compliance regulatory regime and responding to complaints and reports of prescribed reportable incidents
- provide information and education to proprietors
- provide information to residents, their families and the general public
- provide assistance to pension-level SRS to support Victorians experiencing disadvantage.