Low cost accommodation programs support vulnerable Victorians with unmet complex needs and unstable tenancies by linking them with relevant services to improve their health and social connectedness and stabilise their accommodation.
Low cost accommodation programs target adults and older Victorians who:
- are socially isolated
- have complex needs associated with co-existing disabilities and issues (such as mental illness, acquired brain injury, alcohol or drug dependence, chronic health issues)
- have a history of homelessness and social marginalisation.
There are three programs:
- Community Connection Program, which supports Victorians who are in low cost accommodation, or who are homeless.
- Housing Support for the Aged Program, which helps people over 50 with complex needs and a history of homelessness.
- Older Persons High Rise Program (OHRSP), which monitors and supports tenants of the 11 older persons' high rise public housing estates in inner Melbourne.