Low cost accommodation support programs target adults and older Victorians who have unmet complex needs and who are homeless or living in insecure or low cost accommodation. The programs link these Victorians with relevant health, community care and welfare services to improve the health and social connectedness of these vulnerable Victorians, and stabilise their accommodation.
There are three programs:
- Community Connection Program
- Housing Support for the Aged Program
- Older Person High Rise Support Program.
People the programs try to help
Low cost accommodation support programs target adult and older Victorians who:
- lack support from family and friends
- have few links to services
- have complex needs associated with co-existing disabilities and issues (such as mental illness, acquired brain injury, alcohol or drug dependence, chronic health issues)
- have a history of homelessness and social marginalisation.