Upcoming service delivery changes
Catchment-based intake and assessment services are the critical entry points into the Victorian alcohol and other drug service system.
The intake and assessment function supports client pathways to all Victorian alcohol and other drug services, including youth, adult, residential and non-residential, state and Commonwealth-funded alcohol and other drug treatment services.
Intake and assessment services are available in each of the 16 metropolitan and rural catchments across Victoria to help people navigate the alcohol and other drug treatment system.
About the intake and assessment guide
The Catchment based intake and assessment guide (April 2015) outlines the requirements of the intake and assessment function. It is particularly directed to catchment-based intake and assessment providers.
The guide provides information for catchment-based intake and assessment providers and other service providers about:
- the scope of intake and assessment services
- target group and prioritisation
- screening, assessment and referral
- the interface with other Victorian alcohol and other drug services, as well as non- alcohol and other drug services that refer clients for alcohol and other drug treatment
- the bed vacancy register
- walk-in clients
- after-hours service requirements
- waitlist support
- information management.