Element 3 involves collecting quantitative and qualitative data to complete a needs assessment and analysis of AHA workforce growth.
- Measure the baseline allied health assistant (AHA) and allied health practitioner (AHP) workforce staffing profile.
- Identify and quantify tasks currently performed by AHPs that could be delegated to an AHA.
- Inform change management processes to increase the uptake of the AHA workforce.
- Provide an evidence base that identifies the need for new or expanded AHA roles.
- Inform the development of an AHA workforce strategic plan.
Element 3 takes place in months three to six of the recommended nine-month timeline.
Element 3 uses all three principles of consultation, organisational priorities and change management.