The workforce survey is a multiple-choice survey that collects:
- organisational demographics
- job satisfaction of allied health assistants (AHA) and allied health practitioners (AHPs) rated on a Likert Scale
- existing AHA and potential AHA tasks provided in free text
- confidence of AHPs in current delegation to AHAs rated on a Likert scale
- data identifying potential barriers (real or perceived) to implementing or redesigning an AHA workforce.
There are two workforce surveys, one for AHPs and one for AHAs. Each survey should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
You should adapt the survey questions to meet the needs of your organisation, paying particular attention to the demographic questions and answer choices.
- To maximise collection of unbiased data, schedule the workforce survey before other staff engagement activities.
- We recommend leaving the survey open for two to four weeks.
- Promote the surveys often in the lead up to the open period, and in separate communications to AHAs and AHPs. This can reduce confusion and incorrect data.
- Continue to promote participation in the survey throughout the open period.
- Consult with managers and project champions to ensure reminders are issued to staff in the lead up to, and throughout the survey period.
- Establish a strategy to monitor levels of participation throughout the open period.
- An online survey may be a more efficient data collection method than a paper-based survey.
- AHA and AHP workforce surveys finalised.
- Workforce surveys scheduled and promoted.