This data will fluctuate in response to staff vacancies, recruitment, and leave, and represents a point in time only.
You will also use it in the analysis of quantification data to determine the percentage of time AHPs spend on AHA tasks. Please note: this data will only be collected once and it will not be continually updated.
Download the VAWM data collection tool template and enter the workforce staffing profile data.
Collect the following workforce staffing profile data:
- current budgeted FTE – record full-time equivalents of each AHP and AHA grade against program, team and discipline, providing a total AHP and AHA full-time equivalent for your organisation
- physical numbers of AHP and AHA staff – AHP and AHA staff headcount by program, team and discipline.
You may also collect the following optional baseline data to use as additional before and after measures:
- current vacancies for AHPs and AHAs – vacancies for each program, team and discipline, including the position grade, FTE and total number of weeks each position has remained vacant
- wait lists – recorded by program type, team and discipline with a waitlist description and length of wait (in weeks). Define how your organisation prioritises the current waitlist. This may be different for every service, so your explanation needs to be clear, for example, priority 1 = needs to be seen within two weeks; red = requires immediate response.
- clinical incidents involving AHAs (within the previous six months before commencing), including type of incident (falls related; food, nutrition or diet; pressure ulcer related; or other), level of risk (ISR1, ISR2), number of incidents, and any comments.
Consult with managers to confirm accuracy of baseline data.
- Method determined for sourcing baseline workforce staffing profile data.
- Workforce staffing profile data entered into database.