Using the baseline workforce staffing profile data, you can calculate survey response rates and identify priority areas of the allied health assistant (AHA) workforce. It also provides a before-and-after measure of the workforce composition so you can judge the effectiveness of the project.
Analysis of this data also provides the following information for the AHA and allied health practitioner (AHP) workforce:
- current budgeted full-time equivalent (FTE)
- baseline workforce compositions (AHA and AHP FTE as a percentage of the workforce).
Apply the current budgeted FTE to the quantification data in the Victorian Assistant Workforce Model (VAWM) database to determine the current percentage of AHP time spent on AHA tasks (see Activity 4.4).
Analysis of the baseline workforce staffing profile data
Use the VAWM database template to generate the following reports for the baseline workforce staffing profile data:
- current budgeted FTE of AHP and AHA workforce
- AHA percentage of workforce by site, discipline or team
- AHP percentage of workforce by site, discipline or team
- clinical incidents by site
- wait list (number of weeks) by site.
To determine the baseline workforce staffing profile data without using the VAWM database template, apply the following calculations:
AHP % = (AHP FTE / (AHA FTE + AHP FTE)) x100
AHA % = (AHA FTE/ (AHA FTE + AHP FTE)) x 100
- Current budgeted FTE recorded.
- Workforce composition (%) for AHA and AHP workforce calculated and recorded.
- Wait lists recorded (optional).
- Clinical incidents recorded (optional).