To enter the Premier's Health Service of the Year award, all entrants must have met the following:
- Achieved at least two "standard monitoring" status within the final two quarters of the review period
- Has not registered a status of "intensive monitoring" shown in the four quarters of the review period prior to judging.
- organisations must be financially break-even or better and have the ability to manage cash requirements for the 2018-19 financial year.
The 2019 Premier's awards entries will be assessed against six assessment criteria that represent the strategic ways in which excellent healthcare is delivered. Health services must prepare a 18,000-character submission describing their achievements across the six criteria. One supporting document (up to three single sided A4 pages) - in the form of graphs, charts, tables or other illustrative material - can be included. Entries must be submitted through the online submission website.
Do not attach your People Matter survey data. It will be provided, with your permission, by the Victorian Public Sector Commission.
The department will provide relevant advice to the Premier's Award judging panel on the entrant's
- quality and safety outcomes, including VHES results
- access and timeliness trends (as relevant)
- staff engagement, wellbeing and safety culture
You can find a listing of the Premier’s Health Service of the Year eligible organisations in the entry guide.
Entries must be endorsed by the organisation’s chief executive and the appropriate box ticked on the electronic entry form.
The principal period under consideration is the 2018-19 financial year, and entries should focus on this period. Entrants may include information relating to the past three years to demonstrate progress over time and the outcomes of longer term strategies (in supporting documentation).
Further information about the Premier's Health Service of the Year Awards can be found in the entry guide.