The Victorian Cost Data Collection (VCDC) is an annual submission that collects patient level cost information about the services used to deliver care, across all hospital patient settings. The collection acquires cost data from metropolitan, regional and sub-regional Health Services as per the Victorian Health Policy and Funding Guidelines.
The cost data is used to:
- Refine the existing Victorian funding models and assist in the development of future funding models;
- Enable analysis of cost data across health services;
- Inform development of budget proposals;
- Analyse the cost of health care;
- Perform comparative benchmarking;
- Inform best practice quality improvement initiatives; and
- Meet the cost data requirements of the National Health Reform Agreement (NHRA), via the National Hospital Cost Data Collection (NHCDC).
VCDC Documentation for reporting of cost data
VCDC: Data request specification and business rules
VCDC: Deriving cost buckets
VCDC: Data request specifications 2017-18
VCDC: COA mapping and bucket matrix 2017-18
VCDC: Reconciliation report 2017-18
VCDC: Schema 2017-18
To view previous VCDC documents, visit VCDC archive.