Admitted Subacute funding approach
Victoria's Subacute funding model is based on the Australian National Subacute and Non Acute Patient (AN-SNAP) classification system Version 4.
The model uses 94 of the classification system's classes across four care types (rehabilitation, GEM, palliative care and maintenance care). Each AN-SNAP class is allocated a cost weight to determine the level of funding.
The funding policy for admitted subacute is based on:
- AN-SNAP v4 classification
- +/- 4 day additive boundary policy
- Episode-based funding approach for rehabilitation and GEM
- Phase of care funding approach for palliative care
- Bed day cost weights maintenance care.
Further details regarding Victoria's Admitted Subacute funding approach can be found in the Department's Policy and Funding Guidelines.
Manager, Admitted Subacute Funding Policy
Phone: 61 3 9096 0879