Monash Children's Hospital Project
- Meet future demand for specialist children’s services in the southern catchment and across the state (tertiary) through increased capacity and improved access to care, in accordance with Victorian Paediatric Clinical Network policy.
- Provide an environment that meets the specific requirement and the required amenity, comfort and security for paediatric and neonatal patients and their families.
- Improve and integrate tertiary, secondary and primary care for children through the implementation of a fully integrated, continuous model of care.
- For Monash Health to achieve excellence in teaching, training and research that builds on links with academic partners and supports healthcare excellence.
- Improve the public profile and presentation of paediatric services at MMC Clayton so that it can be recognised as a world-class facility.
- Design: 2013-14
- Build: July 2014 - December 2016
- Operate: 2017
- Construction commenced in July 2014 and is well underway.
Bendigo Hospital Project
The project involves the redevelopment of the Bendigo Hospital and other associated Bendigo Health sites to:
- expand Bendigo Health's role in providing health care services consistent with the Victorian Government's emphasis on treating patients as close to home as possible
- maintain and expand Bendigo Health's teaching role for Loddon Mallee
- ensure sustainability of service provision locally, and contribute to ensuring sustainability of service provision across Loddon Mallee
- improve operational efficiency.
- Construction commenced - 2013
- Hospital complete - 2016
Current project status
Construction of the new hospital is well underway. The existing hospital will remain operational throughout construction.