There are several ways to vary a certificate of registration of a private health facility. Each one has a specific application kit.
Renewing the registration for private hospital or day procedure centre
Registration must be renewed at least three months before it expires to avoid an extra fee. Proprietors of registered private health facilities should use the Application kit for renewal of registration of a private hospital or day procedure centre.
The guide in the application kit contains helpful information such as:
- renewal deadlines and how to avoid paying an extra fee
- documents and information required (for example, accountant’s statement and statutory declaration - fitness and propriety)
- explanation of what happens after the application has been made
- contact details.
Varying or transferring the registration of a private hospital or day procedure centre
The Application kit for variation of registration of a private hospital or day procedure centre is used to vary registration of a private health facility.
Examples of changes to a registration are:
- changing the kind of establishment (changing from a day procedure centre to a private hospital or vice versa)
- altering bed numbers
- varying the kinds of services provided
- varying the number of beds used for specific kinds of services
- changing the proprietor of a registered private hospital or day procedure centre.
Application forms to apply for registration
All application forms and information regarding registration, variation or transfer of registration and renewal of registration of a private hospital or day procedure centre can be found on the applications and forms page. It is important to submit all the information and documents listed in each application checklist.