Open disclosure forum
The Department of Health & Human Services and the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) held the Open Disclosure Forum in Melbourne on 8 August 2016. Hosted by Assoc. Prof. Andrew Wilson, Chief Medical Officer, the forum engaged with senior clinicians and health service executives to foster leadership in the development and implementation of appropriate open disclosure policies, processes and practices.
The forum comprised a series of presentations and a panel discussion in a question and answer format. It explored various issues and processes including:
- the fundamentals of open disclosure from a legal and policy perspective
- the medico-legal perspective
- the role of clinical leadership and governance
- the practice of open disclosure from the clinician’s perspective.
The following senior leaders presented at the forum. Copies of the forum presentations are available to download from this page.
- Mr Michael Gorton AM, Principal, Russell Kennedy
- Ms Anna Macleod, Manager of Claims – Medical Indemnity, Victorian Managed Insurance Authority
- Dr Fergus Kerr, Chief Medical Officer, Austin Health
- Dr Bill Kelly, Medical Director, St Vincent's Private Hospital Melbourne
- Dr Liz Mullins, Director of Medical Services, Djerriwarrh Health Service
The following videos were recorded as part of the forum: