There are five steps for making a referral to a supported residential service (SRS) outside your area mental health service’s catchment.
To make a referral you should:
- transfer the person to the new area mental health service
- maintain clinical responsibility until the transfer is completed
- notify the manager of the new area mental health service that the person is moving into the SRS
- record your name and the new case manager’s name and contact details on the referral form
- give the new case manager a copy of the referral form.