The Mental Health Act 2014 enables a person to be taken to or from a designated mental health service in certain circumstances.
- compulsory assessment and treatment by a designated mental health service assessment order
- temporary treatment orders
- treatment orders
- transfer of patient
- patients absent without leave
- taking a person to a designated mental health service
- searching a person
- use of restraint and sedation for safe transport
- transport of minors.
Further information on the Act and transport can be found at Appendix 1 of The Protocol for the transport of people with mental illness 2014.