A total of thirteen grants have been allocated in 2017 to help improve the mental health of culturally and linguistically diverse communities, including migrants and refugees.
The grants support Victoria's 10-year Mental Health Plan which focusses on greater efforts in prevention, and providing better integrated services and support for the most vulnerable people in the community.
The grant recipients are:
- Australian Greek Welfare Society (PRONIA)
- Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Himilo Community Connect/E-Focus
- Bendigo Community Health Services
- Migrant Information Centre East Melbourne
- Link Health and Community
- Chinese Health Foundation of Australia
- Gippsland Multicultural services
- Ava Iranian Women's Choir
- Advocacy for Oromia Association