All people who are admitted to Victorian public sector mental health services are given an admission detail code as part of the admission process.
This page describes the process for selecting this code.
Allocating admission detail codes
This hierarchy of admission detail codes supports the Victorian Admitted Episodes Dataset (VAED) and Client Management Interface/Operational Data Store (CMI/ODS) admission type and admission source codes.
Select the first appropriate code from the following:
- E – commenced in emergency department of this or another hospital
- C – revoked compulsory treatment order
- T – transfer from public mental health inpatient service
- G – from residential care services (PGNH)
- N – from community residential service (CCU)
- S – statistical admission
- D – direct.
Admission detail code ‘0 – not applicable’ is assigned by CMI when a statistical admission is created. It is not intended for manual entry.