Victorian public mental health services have a responsibility to meet women’s particular needs and to promote improved services for women.
- providing services responsive to the needs of women with mental illness who are parents
- considering the relationship between parenting and mental illness
- ensuring practices do not exclude women who are parents from using services
- delivering services responsive to the needs of women with experience of sexual assault
- using trauma-informed practice to provide a safe, non-threatening environment
- developing inpatient and residential services that provide safety and privacy
- delivering services responsive to the needs of older women
- providing services that are responsive to the needs of women who are carers of people with a mental illness
- increasing participation of women in mental health community support services.