Mental health professionals in Victoria are able to access a range of benefits either through their employer or through the Department of Health and Human Services.
Postgraduate Mental Health Nurse Scholarships
The Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) offers scholarships of up to $3,000 for registered nurses working in the Victorian public health sector to support postgraduate study in mental health nursing.
Scholarship funds are a contribution towards the cost of undertaking postgraduate studies in Semester 1, 2020 including:
- tuition fees
- student contributions
- study loans (HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP)
- books and equipment
- travel required to attend lectures and clinical placements
- child care and other related study costs.
Those eligible to apply for a Postgraduate Nurse Scholarship must:
- be a registered nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or New Zealand citizen
- be employed (or commencing employment) within mental health at a Victorian public health service
- be enrolled in a Semester 1, 2020 postgraduate program delivered by a university or accredited higher education provider that leads to a tertiary qualification in mental health nursing or a tertiary qualification that advances the applicant's knowledge, skills and capacity to provide effective mental health care.
Applications close Friday 17 January 2020 at 11.59 pm
Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, please contact the Scholarship Officer on (03) 9096 8311 / (03) 9096 7571 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.