All Victorians have the right to experience optimal health and wellbeing. Victoria's health system is for everyone in our community.
The Department of Health & Human Services works to reduce health inequality though programs and initiatives that promote access to high-quality health care for all Victorians.
The Community Health Program prioritises access for population groups that:
- experience poorer overall health outcomes
- have barriers to accessing adequate healthcare
- are economically or socially disadvantaged
- have complex care needs or health conditions.
The Community Health Program prioritises the following vulnerable populations:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- people with an intellectual disability
- refugees and people seeking asylum
- people experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- people with a serious mental illness
- children in out-of-home care.