The Dental Health Program provides public dental care to eligible Victorians. 

The Department of Health & Human Services funds Dental Health Services Victoria (DHSV) to deliver both routine and urgent dental care. Services are delivered through the Royal Dental Hospital Melbourne and 79 clinics across Victoria, operated by community health and rural public health services.

Providers of public dental care are guided by Department of Health & Human Services policies and guidelines on eligibility, priority of access, public dental fees, the dental waiting list, and data reporting.

To make an appointment for public dental care, phone DHSV on 1300 360 054 or contact your local community dental clinic. 

Concerns with public dental care

If people have concerns about the dental care they receive, they should first speak with the complaints or program manager at the community dental clinic where they received care. If the matter is ongoing, they may wish to contact the Health Services Commissioner.

The Commissioner's office helps people to make their concerns known to healthcare providers, and helps people to resolve complaints. The service is free and confidential.