Applications are now invited from Maternal and Child Health (MCH) service providers to apply for funding to support students and/or graduate MCH nurses in 2020.
In addition, MCH service providers in the Latrobe Valley region are eligible to apply for a Hard-to-Staff incentive grant to attract qualified MCH nurses to the Latrobe Valley region.
Workforce Support Grants
Victoria's MCH Service plays a pivotal role in the provision of a universal health, wellbeing and development service to all families with children from birth to school age. The MCH Service is provided in partnership by the Department of Health and Human Services (the department) and local government, and aims to promote healthy outcomes for children and their families. The Government is committed to working with local governments/MCH service providers to ensure that all Victorian families have access to the service regardless of where they live.
We support this priority by allocating funds to local government/MCH service providers to contribute to the costs associated with providing:
- placements for MCH nursing students commencing study in 2020
- the provision of supports for graduate MCH nurses commencing work in 2020
- clinical educator preceptorship programs across local government areas in 2020.
Service providers are encouraged to express their interest by reviewing the Workforce Support Grant Guidelines and completing the Application form.
Preference will be given to applications from local government/MCH service providers who:
- are building the capacity of existing staff to support students and graduates
- are an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation providing MCH services
- have existing and/or long term MCH nurse vacancy/ies
- have projected high growth and workforce shortfalls
- are rural and regional LGAs/MCH service providers
Applications close COB Monday 20 January 2020.
Please submit your application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any queries in relation to the grants, please contact Hayley Allen via email@example.com.
Latrobe Valley Initiative – Hard-to-Staff Grants
Some local government areas (LGAs) and MCH service providers face obstacles in attracting MCH nurses to their services, such as rural and remote regions that support children and families with high levels of need. To assist these communities, the department is providing Hard-to-Staff Incentive grants to identified LGAs and MCH service providers in the Latrobe Valley region who are experiencing difficulty in attracting qualified MCH nurses.
Service providers are encouraged to express their interest by reviewing the Hard-to-Staff Grants - Guidelines and completing the application form.
Preference will be given to applications from local government/MCH service providers who demonstrate one or more of the following:
• are building the capacity of existing staff
• have existing and/or long term MCH nurse vacancy/ies
• have projected high growth and workforce shortfalls
• partnerships across local governments and service providers
• succession planning for future staffing needs
• provision of clinical supervision and professional development to MCH nurses
Applications will close COB Monday 20 January 2020. Please submit your application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries in relation to the grants, please contact Hayley Allen via Hayley.email@example.com.