Supercare Pharmacies are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and provide round-the-clock access to pharmacists for advice, supply of medicines and dispensing prescriptions. A free on-site nurse service operates daily from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm and provides face-to-face health advice and treatment for minor injuries or illness, wound management, flu and whooping cough immunisations, health screening, sexual advice and referrals to other services. Supercare Pharmacies do not replace doctors or the need to visit an emergency department.
Twelve Supercare Pharmacies are open across Victoria.
Eight more Supercare Pharmacies will open by mid-2018.
Supercare Pharmacy locations
- Ascot Vale - Ascot Vale Pharmacy, 67-69 Union Road, Ascot Vale, 9370 4146
- Ballarat - UFS Dispensaries, 717 Sturt Street, Ballarat, 5331 9811
- Balwyn - Balwyn Day and Night Pharmacy, 310-314 Whitehorse Rd, Balwyn, 9836 3245
- Bendigo - Bendigo UFS Pharmacies, Corner View and Barnard Streets, Bendigo, 5443 4610
- Coburg - Coburg Pharmacy 4 Less, 1 Louisa St, Coburg, 9386 6655
- Craigieburn - Amcal Pharmacy, 2A/340 Craigieburn Road, Craigieburn, 9308 4981
- Curlewis - Curlewis Pharmacy 4 Less, 10-11/90 Centennial Blvd, Curlewis, 5251 6781
- Keysborough - Parkmore Pharmacy 4 Less, Shop J01, 317 Cheltenham Rd, Keysborough, 9798 1936
- Reservoir - Reservoir Pharmacy 4 Less, Summerhill Shopping Centre, 27/850 Plenty Rd, Reservoir, 9471 0222
- Traralgon - Traralgon Chemist Warehouse, 92 Franklin St, Traralgon, 5174 2003
- Wantirna South - Pharmacy@Knox, Shop 2081 Westfield Knox, 425 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna South, 9800 5199
- Yarraville - Carnovale Pharmacy, 149 Somerville Road, Yarraville, 9314 7557
Supercare Pharmacy map
For many families and individuals a trip to the local hospital often the only option available for minor injury and illness are experienced outside of business hours. Supercare Pharmacies provide after-hours access to face-to-face advice, treatment for minor injuries and illnesses, and medicines.
Supercare Pharmacies bring together an evening nursing service with 24/7 pharmacies offering increased choice in health and illness advice, support and treatment.
The Victorian Government undertook a tender process to select the pharmacies. The tender process considered the need to identify high-quality services that would provide an appropriate geographical distribution of pharmacies, according to population and service need, across metropolitan and regional Victoria.
The Supercare Pharmacy Initiative will be monitored and assessed on an ongoing basis and will adjust and develop as needed over time to meet community need. There will be opportunities for stakeholders to participate in evaluation and model development over the course of the initiative.
The Department of Health and Human Services will work with the service providers and key stakeholders to ensure the service continues to meet the objectives and evolving needs of the local communities in which they operate.