Program logic 2013-17
The Primary Care Partnership Program Logic 2013-17 guides the strategic directions and activities of primary care partnerships over the period 2013-17. It aims to strengthen cooperation and integration across sectors to:
- maximise health and wellbeing outcomes
- promote health equity
- avoid unnecessary hospital presentations and admissions.
The program logic covers three domains:
- early intervention and integrated care (including integrated chronic disease management and service coordination)
- consumer and community empowerment
- prevention (including integrated health promotion).
The program logic presents strategies, accountability indicators and enablers to guide PCP activity for each domain.
Program Logic planning requirements
Each PCP develops a strategic plan that is approved by the relevant regional office. The plan identifies the PCP’s priorities and objectives over the period. PCPs use seven guiding principles to develop their plans:
- tackling health inequities
- person and family centred
- evidence based and informed
- cross-sector partnerships
- accountable governance
- wellness focus
PCPs also prepare an operational plan for each financial year within the period. These plans explain how the PCP will achieve its objectives against the three program logic domains and its selected strategic priorities.