The Department of Health & Human Services has developed two e-learning tools to support service coordination in Victoria:
- The Service Coordination Online Module shows Victorian healthcare providers how to coordinate services, both within their own organisation and with other organisations. It can be used as part of the induction of new staff and for the professional development of existing staff.
- The Service Coordination Tool Templates (SCTT) Online Module helps service providers use the templates in SCTT 2012. The Department of Health & Human Services encourages service providers to include this module in their staff orientation. Experienced SCTT users may use this e-learning tool to refresh their knowledge, or to keep updated with SCTT changes.
Service coordination principles trainer guides
The Service coordination principles trainer guides help registered training organisations to integrate service coordination principles into their training. They use case studies to demonstrate how to apply service coordination principles.
The guides cover the following topics:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health
- Disability services
- Health assistance
- Home and Community Care (HACC)
- Housing and homelessness
- Mental health / alcohol and drugs.
The guides explain the service coordination strategy framework, outline the Service Coordination Tools Templates (SCTT) and allow participants to apply coordination principles.
Registered training organisations can use and reproduce all or parts of the trainer guides.