The Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) provides a comprehensive range of insurance and risk management services to the Victorian Government, including cover to Victorian public cemetery trusts established under the Cemeteries and Crematoria Act 2003.
The insurance products covered under the VMIA’s Cemetery Trust Insurance Program include:
- industrial special risks (property insurance)
- public/products liability
- professional indemnity
- director’s and officers’ liability (including employment practices violation)
- group personal accident insurance for trust members and volunteers
- view relevant risk management resources
- Cyber liability (security breach to computer systems).
An overview of the insurance program can be downloaded.
For further information, see the Cemetery Trust policies page on the VMIA website.
However, for full details regarding coverage or how to lodge an incident/claim, contact VMIA as follows:
Ph: 03 9270 6990
How to make a claim
Note that it is essential that trusts first lodge a claim with VMIA to determine if specific damage to cemetery trust property is covered under the insurance policy and can be claimed.