GP Clinician Advisors now available for GPs
Victorian general practitioners (GPs) can access the General Practitioner Clinical Advisory Service (GPCAS), a peer-to-peer advice service for GPs to help them support patients with prescription medication concerns and complex needs.
Each of the six Primary Health Networks across the State have been assigned two GP Clinical Advisors who have received comprehensive training in the management of pain, anxiety, insomnia and associated addiction issues.
To access the GPCAS, GPs can call 1800 812 804 (DACAS Victoria) and ask to be referred to the service.
For more information, refer to the DACAS Victoria website.
SafeScript training is now available
Access SafeScript training
Three comprehensive online training modules covers:
- the SafeScript system – when and how to use SafeScript
- high-risk medicines and clinical practice – managing safety concerns, planning approaches for consultations and alternative management options.
- having challenging conversations – using respectful communication to respond to the needs of patients who may be at risk of harm.
Training is delivered by Western Victoria Primary Health Network (PHN) as the lead agency for a consortium comprising the Victorian PHN Alliance, NPS MedicineWise and partners.
Opioids and the bigger picture when treating chronic pain – Educational visit
NPS MedicineWise can offer free educational visits to GPs, providing clarity on the role of opioids when supporting patients with chronic pain.
Visits are available as:
- One-on-one discussion – tailored to individual learning needs
- Virtual visit via video call
- Small group – in-practice meeting for up to 10 health professionals
More information can be found by visiting NPS MedicineWise.