In Victoria, food safety requirements are based on the type of food you are selling. The fact that you are a community group having a food fundraiser does not change your obligations to keep food safe.

Community groups need to know their food premises classification under Victoria's Food Act 1984, and the obligations that go with that classification. You will need to register your food fundraiser with council, or notify them, depending on your situation.

If you are planning a community group food fundraiser, you will need to know what to do.


Contact details