The Food atlas is developed as new foods emerge.
You can submit food samples to be included in the database.
A minimum of three samples of each food is required for analysis. Complete a single proforma per sample.
Ask the analyst to:
- photograph the sample
- analyse the pH and water activity (aw)
- determine the risk rating of the food.
1. Sample the food and complete the proforma. Each food sample must weigh at least 50 grams, and a minimum of three samples of the same food must be taken from either different manufacturers or different batches.
2. Send the samples to the analyst, requesting:
- pH and water activity (aw)
- the risk of the food (low, medium or high risk)
- an electronic photograph of the food.
3. Provide the following to the department’s Food Safety and Regulatory Unit:
- analyst’s certificates
- electronic photographs
- completed proformas.
You need a password to access the Food atlas.