No Jab No Play – information for parents

No Jab No Play

All parents/guardians planning to enrol their child at childcare or kindergarten in Victoria must provide the service with evidence that their child is:

  • fully immunised for their age OR
  • on a vaccination catch-up program OR
  • unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons.

Your GP or immunisation nurse will refer to national clinical guidelines to determine what vaccines are recommended at what age, what needs to be on a catch-up program and what is considered a valid medical reason not to be fully immunised.

The ‘No Jab No Play’ law applies to all early childhood education and care services in Victoria that provide:

  • long day care
  • kindergarten
  • occasional care
  • family day care.

What you need to do

If your child is fully immunised:

On enrolment in an early childhood education and care service, provide the service your child’s most recent Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) as evidence of your child's immunisation. 

  • You can print a copy of your child’s Immunisation History Statement from your myGov account
  • Call the AIR on phone 1800 653 809 
  • visit a Medicare or Centrelink office. 

If your child is not fully immunised (or if you are not sure if your child is fully immunised, or you’re interested to find out more) you may wish to: 


The following content is displayed as Tabs. Once you have activated a link navigate to the end of the list to view its associated content. The activated link is defined as Active Tab

Parenting basics

Family structures

Communication, identity and behaviour

Raising healthy children

Common childhood health concerns


Keeping yourself healthy

Children with special needs

Child safety and accident prevention

Child protection and family violence

Grief and trauma

Support for parents