How to order vaccines
To order vaccines, follow these steps:
- Complete a full stock count of all vaccines before placing an order.
- Login at onelinkonline.net to place your order online (paper version of vaccine order forms are available under the Vaccine order forms on our website, complete order forms must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Order vaccine stock for one month of use and aim to order once a month, allowing for buffer stock while waiting for delivery. The inbuilt suggested order function online will assist you to order appropriately.
- Where possible, have one person responsible for managing the vaccine stock.
- Do not overstock; aim to maintain air circulation in the vaccine fridge.
- Check your account details are correct under 'My Account' online and contact us if they need to be updated.
- Place your order under 'Order Templates' online. You should have access to the appropriate template for your service, if you think you have the wrong template please contact us.
- You will receive a confirmation email after your order is accepted and updates on how it is tracking.
- Allow a minimum of 3 business days (5 days in April/May) for processing and delivery of your vaccine order. Note there are no deliveries to country areas on Mondays.
- If you are not completing your order online please use the table to estimate the quantity of each vaccine to order each month. At-risk conditions and catch-up recommendations are in the online Australian Immunisation Handbook.
Table 1: Vaccines and schedules
Vaccines must be received by practice staff who are educated in cold chain management. Follow these steps:
- Sign the delivery docket and return it to the courier.
- Check if the TagAlert®screen says 'OK'. If black boxes appear on the screen, complete the attached form and email Onelink as soon as possible. Isolate the vaccines in the fridge while waiting for advice.
- If the TagAlert®screen says 'OK', promptly unpack the vaccines into the vaccine fridge.
- Check that the vaccine consignment matches the delivery invoice.
- Contact Onelink as soon as possible if there is a discrepancy.
- Minimise the time that the vaccine fridge door is open.
- Rotate vaccines so that the stock with earlier expiry is used first.
- Do not remove vaccines from their packets - this protects them from light and temperature fluctuation.
Vaccine order forms
Immunisation providers can order vaccines online at www.onelinkonline.net (paper version of vaccine order forms are available here at Vaccine order forms). Orders for rabies vaccine and immunoglobulin cannot be ordered online, please complete the Post-exposure rabies treatment order form or pre-exposure rabies vaccine order form and email to email@example.com.
Terms and conditions of supply of vaccines
To receive government funded vaccines, I agree:
- I have completed this form accurately and fully.
- The recipient will immediately check the TagAlert® temperature indicator with the delivery.
- The recipient will immediately notify Onelink using the TagAlert® form if the LCD is not displaying 'OK'.
- Vaccine will be immediately unpacked into a purpose-built vaccine refrigerator and stored in its original packaging.
- To store only 1 month of vaccine stock plus a small buffer - do not overfill the fridge shelves.
- This account complies with the National Vaccine Storage Guidelines, Strive for 5, 3rd edition - use a purpose-built vaccine refrigerator, a data logger set at 5 minute intervals which is downloaded weekly or after a temperature excursion and maintain the fridge temperature between 2ºC and 8ºC.
- To undertake a vaccine cold chain audit on request of the government.
- This account complies with mandatory reporting of vaccine to the Australian Immunisation Register.
- That in the event of a cold chain breach, vaccine will not be discarded or administered, until the cold chain breach reporting section of the Department of Health's website has been review and the appropriate action taken at Cold chain breach reporting.
- To follow the Victorian Pharmacist-Administered Vaccination Program guidelines at Pharmacist immunisers (pharmacy accounts only).
For order enquiries phone (03) 8588 1042.
Please allow at least 3 business days (5 days during 'flu' season) for processing and delivery.
Consolidate your order to only order monthly.
Order confirmations will be sent to the account's registered email address.