Vaccines - how to order
To order vaccines, follow these steps:
- Use the current vaccine order forms.
- Order vaccine stock for 1 month of use and aim to order once a month, allowing for buffer stock while waiting for delivery.
- Have one person responsible for managing the vaccine stock.
- Do not overstock; aim to maintain air circulation in the vaccine fridge.
- Complete all sections on the vaccine order form, including the account number, delivery address and current stock quantity of each vaccine being ordered.
- Email or fax the vaccine order to Onelink. You will receive a confirmation email after your order is entered and again on dispatch from the warehouse. The second email will give you a web link to track your vaccine order.
- Allow a minimum of 3 business days (5 days in April/May) for processing and delivery of your vaccine order. Note there are no deliveries to country areas on Mondays.
- Use the table to estimate the quantity of each vaccine to order each month. At-risk conditions and catch-up recommendations are in the current version of The Australian Immunisation Handbook.
Table 1: Vaccines and schedules
Vaccines - receiving
Vaccines must be received by practice staff who are educated in cold chain management. Follow these steps:
- Sign the delivery docket and return it to the courier.
- Check if the TagAlert® screen says ‘OK’. If black boxes appear on the screen, complete the attached form and email or fax it to Onelink as soon as possible. Isolate the vaccines in the fridge while waiting for advice.
- If the TagAlert® screen says ‘OK’, promptly unpack the vaccines into the vaccine fridge.
- Check that the vaccine consignment matches the delivery invoice.
- Contact Onelink as soon as possible if there is a discrepancy.
- Minimise the time that the vaccine fridge door is open.
- Rotate vaccines so that the stock with earlier expiry is used first.
- Do not remove vaccines from their packets – this protects them from light and temperature fluctuation.
Vaccines - order forms
A full list of government supplied vaccines, Rabies and Immunoglobulin vaccines order forms are available for download.