The information and resources contained here provide tools and information to help detect, treat and manage head lice. These resources are for professionals and parents in the following settings:
- childcare centres and kindergartens
- parent-managed head lice program
- local government
- healthcare practitioners
Parent-managed head lice program
The parent-managed head lice program involves parents and volunteers from the school or childcare centre.
The documents below can be modified for use at your school or childcare centre.
The parent-managed head lice program package contains the following documents.
- Program implementation checklist
- Invitation to parents
- Confidentiality agreement
- Consent form
- Screening guidelines (conditioner method)
- Screening guidelines (dry checking)
- Infection control guidelines
- Parent notification form
- Sample head lice school policy