The Victorian guideline on CPE for LTRCFs contains the following information:
- background to CPE in Victoria
- governance requirements, which includes roles and responsibilities for both LTRCFs and the Department of Health and Human Services
- screening, detection and investigation requirements for CPE in LTRCFs
- infection prevention and control precautions required to manage CPE
- actions required in the event of an outbreak of CPE at a LTRCF.
Appendix C of the guideline includes a sample self-audit checklist for LTRCFs to help determine compliance with general infection prevention and control precautions, as well as specific CPE infection control precaution requirements.
Templates, forms and other supporting resources referred to within the guideline are available to be downloaded below.
Victorian guideline on CPE for LTRCFs, version 1.1
• Victorian guideline on carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae for long-term residential care facilities – Version 1.1, May 2018
Patient, staff and clinician information sheets
CPE surveillance data collection forms
The following forms are the CPE surveillance data collection forms. When completed, forms are to be submitted to VICNISS. Part A is to be used for all confirmed human CPE isolates whereas Part B is only used when the likelihood of transmission within a healthcare facility needs to be further investigated.