The preliminary analyses from the Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions (ACSCs) study offer a new set of indicators describing differentials and inequalities in access to the primary healthcare system in Victoria.
Purposes of the report
The Victorian Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions Study – Preliminary Analyses has several specific purposes. These are to:
- provide a discussion on the use and limitations of the concept of ACSCs
- develop a methodology for identifying and analysing ACSCs
- describe trends and variations in rates of ACSCs by Department of Health & Human Services Regions, local government areas and socioeconomic status
- demonstrate the value of ACSCs indicators in monitoring trends over time
- discuss policy implications and options for future analysis of ACSCs.