Health surveys are important tools to identify, capture and manage a growing evidence base for health. This evidence base is a fundamental component of effective policy development and strategic planning.
The Department of Health and Human Services collects and circulates information on the health status of Victorians in the form of data and detailed reports from health surveys conducted across sections of the Victorian population.
The following reports are available:
- Victorian population health survey
- Challenges to healthy eating - food insecurity in Victoria
- Health and wellbeing of Aboriginal Victorians
- Racism in Victoria
- Victorian population health survey of people with an intellectual disability
- Victorian health monitor 2009-10
- The Victorian happiness report.