Components and format of a risk management plan
Generally, a risk management plan (RMP) should have a number of basic components, including:
- site and contact details
- assessment of each of the critical risks
- summary of the overall risk classification
- details of the system (collected during the risk assessment process)
- attachments or references to other documents, such as operational plans and shut-down procedures.
There is no prescribed format for an RMP. This template is provided as a guide, but other formats may be used.
About the template
The template is designed to be completed:
- by operators of cooling tower system, or landowners who have cooling tower systems on their land
- after reading this guide
- after completing a thorough risk assessment, as outlined in this guide.
This process will meet the requirements of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 for development of an RMP.
An RMP must be developed for every cooling tower system on the site. It must be made available to an authorised officer of the department on request.
Implementation of the operational program outlined in the RMP would also meet the requirements of the Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2009.
An electronic version of the template (in Word) is available, and can be modified for development of an RMP.
This template is intended only as a general guide to the development of risk management plans for cooling tower systems. No warranty as to the completeness of the information is given. The department and its employees disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage that may be suffered through reliance on any information contained in, or omitted from, this template. No person should act solely on the basis of the information contained in the document without obtaining appropriate professional advice about obligations in specific circumstances.