About the fund
In 2016 the Victorian Government launched the Victorian Medical Acceleration Fund which continues to support the health and medical research sector and researchers to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for Victorians.
57 projects have received funding through the previous rounds. Summaries of these projects can be found below in Outcomes.
The Victorian Medical Acceleration Fund aims to:
- Support early stage research including discovery research, clinical research and health practice
- Provide up to $3 million in research grants available per round to help address current market research gaps.
- Develop collaborative partnerships between health services, industry, medical research institutes and universities, both nationally and internationally to provide a collective impact for research projects.
2020 – Round 4
Applicants are invited to apply for Round 4 of the Victorian Medical Research Acceleration Fund.
Round 4 will provide two tiers of funding:
- Tier one up to $100,000 to support early stage research proposals.
- Tier two providing up to $500,000 to ‘fast track’ translation into clinical or health practice.
Note: Matched funding is a requirement to demonstrate a capacity to collaborate and undertake research that has a clear pathway to translation in Victoria.
Applications for Round 4 will close Sunday 5th April 5pm 2020.
Victorian Medical Research Acceleration Fund - Round 4 application form and guidelines
Round 3 of the $3 Million Victorian Medical Research Acceleration Fund funded 14 research projects in 2019.
These projects leveraged matched funding of $3,671,987.0 from philanthropic, industry and international sources.
Find out more about each successful project.
The $3 million Victorian Medical Research Acceleration Fund in round 2 funded 30 innovative research projects. Find out more about each project.
These projects leveraged funding of $4,329,044 from philanthropic, industry and international sources.
Please see the media release at the Premier of Victoria for details about the successful submissions.
Thirteen projects were successful in round one of the Victorian Medical Acceleration Fund.
These projects leveraged funding from philanthropic, industry and international sources, which meant a further $7 million investment into Victoria's world-leading medical research sector.