Implementing the Victorian Assistant Workforce Model (VAWM) will help your organisation to start the process of allied health workforce reform.
Evolving models of care and technologies will continue to create new opportunities to develop and grow the health system.
Promoting and establishing a continued focus on innovative approaches to workforce reform can help to meet future demands.
- Set up an allied health working party to focus on ongoing allied health assistant (AHA) workforce reform.
- Assign a designated role with responsibility for developing the AHA workforce.
- Establish an ‘AHA day’ to celebrate the AHA workforce.
- Set up structures to consider AHA roles with any future organisational restructure, realignment and new services.
- Designated role(s) with responsibility for developing the AHA workforce assigned.
- Strategies to promote allied health workforce reform developed.